Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Flybuys dollars on Consume

A couple of days ago, I was at Coles and wanted to know how many flybuys dollars I had on my card. The confusion my simple request caused the checkout girl was immense! I ended up having to pay with my debit card, and still I had no idea what my balance was.

Then last night, I had a brainstorm! I was using Consume, one of my very favourite apps on my iPhone, when I spotted the option to add a Coles Myer giftcard. I remembered once using my flybuys dollars to pay for some shopping when I was going through a self serve checkout. To do so, I chose an option called "pay with giftcard/flybuys dollars". So I thought I would give it a whirl, and it worked!

So, if like me, you have trouble keeping up to date with the balance of your flybuys dollars, give this a try!

1. Download the Consume App. (if you haven't already!)
2. Choose the gear icon at the bottom right of the screen, then "add account".
3. Select Australia, then "store cards".
4. Here you will find the option "Coles Myer Giftcard". Add it.
5. I changed the description to "flybuys dollars" for clarity
6. For card number, enter your flybuys number. The one that begins with 6008.
7. Then enter the pin you gave when you redeemed your points for flybuys dollars on the flybuys site
8. Your done!

The balance shown is up to date. After adding my card, I redeemed another $10 worth of flybuys dollars and it showed up in consume instantly.

Even before this little discovery, I have been a huge fan of the Consume App. I use it to view my internet data usage with TPG, my current balance with my Telstra home phone, my Virgin Postpaid Mobile, my Easyway Tea Loyalty points, my flybuys points, and now my flybuys dollars. It is such a handy App to have. Plus, it updates to the iCloud!

http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/consume/id337064413?mt=8

2 comments: